Monday 22 July 2013

Henna Tattoos!

Hello from the classrooms of Nanyang Polytechnic! Everyone's going up for their presentations now, and I'm pretty bored, so let's blog! (;

There's lots of things going on in the atrium in school today. Lot's of shops selling food, clothes, accessories, adorable trinkets, and.. HENNA TATTOOING. *claps claps* I think this is why I like Poly so much better than Secondary School - there's always something interesting happening.


So this is the before shot, when she had first finished drawing the henna. 

To be completely honest, I have never gotten a henna tattoo before in all 18 years of my life, so it was quite an interesting to see how she drew it. I love the intricate details, it's just so beautiful. If I had more money, I would probably have done the $10 henna tattoo - mine costed $5 - because it would have been bigger. And BIGGER IS BETTER. Ha ha.

I was also surprised that the henna ink smelled like spices. In fact it smelled like Chai Tea! Which is my favourite drink at Starbucks! The Chai Tea Latte! (Yummy, smells like Christmas in a cup).

My friends told me that the best thing to do is to wait until the ink get's all dry and peels off by itself. But if you know me (like really know me), you would know I have no patience and I always want to see the results immediately. So... after half an hour I scraped it off myself. ><


This is the end result!!

I was a bit disappointed that the ink colour was so light. It looks dark here, but it's actually bright orange. Is it supposed to be like that? I'm not sure. But regardless of what, it really is pretty. (;

Yay! Alright I should really be getting back to class now. Thanks for reading!





Samantha.

Tell me it'll end soon.
When can I be happy?


No comments:

Post a Comment