Wednesday 3 April 2013

Tonkotsu Kazan Ramen review


Hey blog readers! Sorry for not blogging for so long, it's just that I haven't found anything blogworthy. But today, I stumbled upon some pretty awesome food with my mom. Guess what it is?

*drumroll please*

It's the amazing TONKOTSU KAZAN RAMEN!

I was helping my mom file some paperwork at her office today at Novena, and she decided to bring me to this place that she went twice before with my dad. She knows that I LOVE ramen, so she thought that I might want to try this out.

It was already FULL by the time we got there (around 12pm), so we had to share a table with another two men.

So this is the menu <3

What makes this place stand out so much is how they cook their ramen. They kinda bring the bowl of noodles to you, filled with ingredients, and then they pour the broth in and cover it with this red conical thing with a hole on top. (As seen below)


The steam just rises up and out the top as the broth simmers inside, and viola, you have a little mini volcano sitting in front of you. Isn't that kinda cool? An interesting experience.


And this is the end result! Ta-dah! 

What I really like about this dish is that the noodles are really nice and chewy (not soggy or overcooked), and the broth is just really delicious. It's a bit salty, but not too much, and it's packed with flavour! They also give you a bowl of rice (which you dump into the soup), just in case you wanna try something a little different than ramen.

My mom says that the broth goes better with the rice, but I'm more of a noodle-lover so I guess it's preference. Really good though, I would say it's even better than Ajisen Ramen!

There were a couple of Japanese men eating there too, so it's proof that this is some good ramen. Definitely give this place a shot!

Rating: 8.5/10




Signing off, 
The Busy Bee


No comments:

Post a Comment