Tuesday 7 May 2013

Love

Love - to the world,
Is money, education, fame.
Adults see anything else as fake,
And maybe even a childish game.

Perhaps we the youth, are immature,
We don't know what we want.
But when we fall, we too, fall hard.
So how could we mistake?

Love isn't always living
In a comfortable home.
Perhaps love is facing poverty,
Yet feeling blessed and not alone.

Love isn't always understanding
Through the language that we speak.
But perhaps through the language
That only the heart could leak.

Love isn't always when you're ready,
But becoming ready for all trials.
It isn't always feelings,
But the partnership that abounds.

So maybe I'm still young
And I don't understand it all-
The need for material wealth
To bring marital bliss and all.

But love to me surpasses all,
Gives me strength to overlook
All flaws that the one I love should hold.
And I'm sure, succeed or fail, I'll grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment